In my previous post on logging I wrote about how it could be future-proofed and now I would like to give this concept some development.. literally – I want to develop a logging solution based on the concept presented earlier.
The solution will consist of client and server parts.
- C++ and Java API
- Various transports (Ethernet, Bluetooth, Serial, USB)
- Windows, Linux and Android support
- MongoDB as persistent storage
- GUI application in Java and Spring
- Windows and Linux support
With this project I would like to practice multiplatform development, refresh my rusty Java in the process and finally create a logging solution that I can use later in some other projects. Well, let’s see how it goes, hopefully not like 99.999% of such hobby side projects (hint: dev/null )
By the way the name of the project is ‘fplog’ which reflects the idea of this solution being future-proof.